Today is the world of architecture and building where complex buildings are being erected day by day. Taller structures have even become the icon of development of a country. This answers the great importance given to construction related works and the huge demand for efficient and experienced workers in the field. In most developed and fast growing countries there are huge demands for experienced Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) workers on huge projects such as the construction of airports, hospitals, schools, shopping malls and such where central air conditioning system is applied.
MEP Engineering deals with Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing systems which have a vital role in the building industry. Mechanical part includes heating, ventilating and cooling systems often referred to as HVAC. HVAC design is the major sub discipline of Mechanical Engineering based on the principles of thermodynamics, Fluid mechanics and heat transfer. A Buildings heating, ventilation and air-conditioning system creates a climate that allows for maximum comfort by compensating for changing climatic conditions. An efficient HVAC Design Engineer must need to know how to make indoor comfort with operational savings and energy efficiency as well as how to create blue prints for projects using computer aided design and drafting systems Electrical Engineering is the branch of Engineering science that specializes in the Electrical design, construction, and practical use of electrical systems. Electrical system design deals with analysis and application of Power transmission and Distribution, Lighting systems, telecommunication, fire alarm systems, Closed Circuit Television and Public addressable systems. Plumbing part usually deals with water distribution and drainage systems, CP & Sanitary fixtures orientation design, waste water treatment process and fire fighting systems
Course Fees : 90000
Course Fees(NRI) $: 3000
Scope & Career
Scope & Career of MEP Engineering:
- Design of HVAC Engineering
- Project Manager of HVAC or ELECTRICAL engineering
- PLUMBING & FIREFIGHTING Design project
- Manufacturing of PLUMBING & FIREFIGHTING engineering products
- Operation of PLUMBING & FIREFIGHTING system
- Layout of PLUMBING & FIREFIGHTING/HVAC/ELECTRICAL
- Analytical Maintenance of PLUMBING & FIREFIGHTING System
- Technical sales of PLUMBING & FIREFIGHTING
- Field Engineering of PLUMBING & FIREFIGHTING
- Application & Installation of PLUMBING & FIREFIGHTING
Career of MEP Engineering:
- Commercial Buildingsneeds MEP engineering
- Airports needsMEP engineering
- Shopping Malls needs MEP engineering
- Hospitals , Office complexneeds MEP engineering
- Residential buildingsneeds MEPengineering
- Petro Chemical ComplexneedsMEP engineering
- Oil & gasneed MEP engineering
- Off shore Industryneeds MEP engineering
- Refinery needs MEP engineering
- Industrial plantsneeds MEP engineering
- Energy sectorneeds MEP engineering
- Chemical processneeds MEP engineering
- EPC industryneeds MEP engineering
- Consulting engineeringneeds MEP engineering
- Pharmaceutical industryneeds MEP engineering
- Project & Constructionneeds MEP engineering
- Cement and Fertilizerneeds MEP engineering
- Power plantsneeds MEP engineering
- Overview of Industry and Scope of HVAC
- Heat load calculation & psychrometric chart
- Normal, Split, cassette and VRV, chiller, AHU
- Ducting: friction & velocity method
- Preparation of BOQ
- Schematic drawing
- Pipe sizing, selection & design
- Diversity factor
- Basic electrical drawing
- Pump head calculation
- Ventilation system(fresh & exhaust)
- Machinery & equipments
- Site visit
- Electrical Generation, Transmission and Distribution
- Component Description: Solar Panels, Inverters, Deep Cycle Solar Batteries, Solar Regulator Sizing Information
- Solar Energy usage in various buildings
- Electricity Distribution Point: The Circuit Breaker Box (Wiring Concept)
- Role of an Electrical Design Engineer
- General Design Philosophy
- Electrical Services Design Philosophy ; Electrical supply & Electricity Switch Rooms
- Primary & Power Electrical Distribution
- Deign standards
- Preparation of Load Estimate.
- Selection of transformer, DG, HV/LV switches gears.
- Transformer sizing, DG sizing.
- HT & LT Cable sizing.
- Designing of overall single line diagrams for Lighting, Power distribution.
- Preparation of earthing schematic Diagrams.
- Preparation of transformer, DG set, electrical room layout.
- Preparing overall cable routing layout with detailing of man whole, Hume pipes for road crossing.
- Preparation of Power and Lighting Layouts.
- Preparation of cable schedule.
- Review for preparation of electrical drawings without any discrepancy.
Documentation & Layouts :
- Different Electrical Services: Lighting, Power, Fire Alarm, Emergency lighting Etc.
- Protective Services : Emergency Lighting, Fire Detection Systems , Alarm System, A Fire Alarm System , Emergency Call Systems , Lightening Protection Systems , Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) Use of CCTV , Soil & Waste
- Documentation: Survey Condition Report, Budget Estimation Report, Stage Submission Report, Specifications , Drawings, Tender/Cost/ Project Report, Final Accounts Reports, Hand Over Documents.
Plumbing is the system of pipes, drains fittings, valves, valve assemblies, and devices installed in a building for the distribution of water for drinking, heating and washing, and the removal of waterborne wastes, and the skilled trade of working with pipes, tubing and plumbing fixtures in such systems. Fundamentals of Plumbing System
Common Fixtures Details
National Pipe Thread (NTP)
Nomenclature of Pipe Fittings
Pipe and Tubing
Designing of chambers, Manholes etc.
Estimation of water Supply
Soldering & Flux
Soft & Silver Soldering
Types of Pipes
Formula for flow through pipes
- Internal Sanitary Drainage System
Requirement & Types for Sanitary and Internal Sanitary Drainage System
Material used for Sanitary Drainage & its Schematic Layout
Pipe Sizing & Calculation
- External Sanitary Drainage System
Pipe Sizing & Calculation
- Storm Water Drainage System
Pipe Sizing & Calculation
Slope by Manning’s formula
Depth of Inspection Chamber/Manholes
Using Continuity Equation, Manning, s Formula and Rational Formula
Introduction to the specialized PHE
Schematic Layout of Water Treatment Plants
Schematic Layout of Sewage Treatment Plants
Detailing of plumbing services
Loop sizing – (Software).
Audience & Eligibility
Audience for MEP Engineering
- Purchase, Design, Fabrication
- Plumbing engineer
- Electrical engineers
- Sales Engineers
- Facility managers
- Repair Organization
- Inspection agencies
- Industry in design, Maintenance & Repair of Industrial plants
Eligibility for MEP Engineering
- B. Tech / B.E in Mechanical / Production Engineering
- Diploma in Mechanical / Production Engineering
- M .Tech / M.E in Mechanical / Production Engineering
We train our junior engineers to present themselves well and pass their interviews .They are well prepared through continuous mock interviews that provides confidence to our engineers.
A detailed session of the below mentioned format for the mock interview is provided by DA.
- On-Campus Interviews
- Interview tips
- Sample Interview Questions
- Behavioral Interviews
- Technical Interviews
- Site Visits
- Dress for Success
- No Show Interview Policy
- Industry Research Guide
- Industry Expectations
- Thank You Letters
- Email Correspondence
- Since 14 years in PLUMBING & FIREFIGHTING engineering.
- Our mentors have 5 to 10 year industrial knowledge in PLUMBING & FIREFIGHTING engineering.
- Senior lead PLUMBING & FIREFIGHTING engineers convert the candidates to junior PLUMBING & FIREFIGHTING engineers.
- Live Chat with faculty.
- Virtual class rooms.
- Audio & Video tutorials.
- Based upon real projects on PLUMBING & FIREFIGHTING engineering.
- In Plant visit for candidates.
- Hands on training on leading software.
- Career counseling & guidance.
- 100 % job oriented training program.
- Best placement records are maintained till now.
Who has a good personality?
Anyone who presents himself well ,deals with problems wins situations and influence people through excellent communication and interpersonal skills ,has a pleasing personality .DA will polish the interpersonal skills of the engineers matching the industry.
- Leadership in Projects
- Interpersonal Relations with colleagues
- Communication in organizations
- Stress Management at work
- Group Dynamics and Team Building
- Conflict Management
- Performance Appraisal
- Time Management at work
We have professionals from the personality development ,who will train each and every raw engineer of DA, to fit the industry culture in terms corporate behaviour.