Engineering language is expressed in drawing & drafting .Its a means of communicating with dimensions ,proportions , scale of machine or a building describing its details like the shape , size and section by a verbal or written language is very difficult henceforth Graphic language is used to express drawings .People who do these measured drawings are called as Draftsmen.
Mechanical draftsman play a key role in the civil design industry .They do the 2d & 3d modeling of the buildings. They get well paid as a fresher and with experience.
Course Fees : 50000
Course Fees(NRI) $: 1875
Scope & Career
Scope & Carrer of STRUCTURAL Engineering:
- Design (initiating ideas, feasibility analysis, technical supervision, safety of finished structures, converting an architects visions into functional reality, etc.)
- Management of projects, personnel, finances, materials and production.
- Maintenance, and ultimately demolition.
- Risk assessment for public protection, defining and maintaining safety standards and the carrying out of structural integrity assessments.
- Acting in a watchdog role by ensuring compliance with National Building Regulations, planning and safety legislation.
- Research and teaching
Career of STRUCTURAL Engineering:
- Commercial Buildings needs STRUCTURAL engineering
- Airports needs STRUCTURAL engineering
- Shopping Malls needs STRUCTURAL engineering
- Hospitals , Office complex needs STRUCTURAL engineering
- Residential buildings needs STRUCTURAL engineering
- Petro Chemical Complex needs STRUCTURAL engineering
- Oil & gas need STRUCTURAL engineering
- Off shore Industry needs STRUCTURAL engineering
- Refinery needs STRUCTURAL engineering
- Industrial plants needs STRUCTURAL engineering
- Energy sector needs STRUCTURAL engineering
- Chemical process needs STRUCTURAL engineering
- EPC industry needs STRUCTURAL engineering
- Consulting engineering needs STRUCTURAL engineering
- Pharmaceutical industry needs STRUCTURAL engineering
- Project & Construction needs STRUCTURAL engineering
- Cement and Fertilizer needs STRUCTURAL engineering
- Power plants needs STRUCTURAL engineering
I. STRUCTURAL Engineering :-
- Introduction to Steel Structures:
properties of structural steel, corrosion, fire protection.
indian standard specifications and sections
- Connections of steel structures:
Bearing type bolts, friction grip bolts, welded connections , hanger connections.
eccentrically loaded connections, splice connections
- Tension members steel structures:
Introduction, plates with holes, angles under tension, design of tension members.
- Compression members of Steel Structures
buckling strength of ideal columns., strength of practical compression members, column strength curves, design of axially loaded columns, design of angles loaded through one-leg. Laced and battened columns.
- Beams of Steel Structures
Behavior of steel beams, limit state design of steel beams, web buckling and crippling
Lateral torsion buckling behavior of unrestrained beams, design approach for unrestrained beams, unsymmetrical sections and bi-axial bending, built-up sections, shear behavior of transversely stiffened plate girder webs ,provision of moment and shear capacity for plate girders ,design of stiffeners
- Beam-columns of Steel Structures
Short beam- columns, stability consideration for long beam-columns, interaction formula,design approach to beam- columns
- Column bases of Steel Structures
Introduction to bases and footings, design of solid slab base, design of gusted base ,other types of footings
- Moment connections of Steel Structures
Simple, semi-rigid and rigid connections, connection configurations ,angle cleat connections end-plate connections , semi-rigid connections , moment-rotation characteristics
II. STRUCTURAL Design
- Design approach of Steel Structures:
Design requirements & design process,analysis procedures & design philosophy.
introduction to limit state design,other design requirements.
- Industrial buildings of Steel Structures
Structural configurations ,functional and serviceability requirements,industrial floors ,roof systems,plastic analysis and design of portal frames ,crane gantry girders ,design for wind actions ,design for earthquake actions
- Multi-storeyed buildings of Steel Structures
Composite Floor Systems ,Loading ,Analysis for Gravity Loads, Lateral Load Resisting Systems, Analysis for Lateral Loads ,Dual Systems
Classification and types of bridges ,load and load combination for highway bridges
Load and load combination for railway bridges ,wind and earthquake effects ,design of a typical truss bridge 6) bearings and supporting elements
Introduction- types of tanks , load and load combination ,design aspects of cylindrical tanks , design aspects of rectangular tanks , wind and earthquake effects ,staging design
, classification of types of towers, loads and load combinations , wind effects on towers ,methods of analysis , design approaches ,economy and optimization
III. Post STRUCTURAL Engineering
- Coordination with architects & civil Engineers
- Preparation of drawings
- Manual inspection
- Laying and construction process
IV. STRUCTURAL engineering Software’s
- Staad Pro
- Analysis & design of structures
- Steel frame connection
- 2d &3d modeling structures
- 3d structural design
V. Live Projects for STRUCTURAL Engineering (2 Nos)
- Shopping Mall – STRUCTURAL engineering
- Residential – STRUCTURAL engineering
- Hotel – STRUCTURAL engineering
- Industrial -Structural engineering.
Audience & Eligibility
Audience for STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING Engineering
The course is targeted mainly at practicing Structural / Civil Engineers. This course is also open to M&E Engineers, Contractors, Specialist Sub-contractors and Suppliers who wish to learn the design and safety aspects of steel structures construction.
Eligibility for STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING Engineering
- B. Tech / B.E in Civil engineering / Production Engineering
- Diploma in Civil engineering / Production Engineering
- M .Tech / M.E in Civil engineering / Production Engineering
We train our junior engineers to present themselves well and pass their interviews .They are well prepared through continuous mock interviews that provides confidence to our engineers.
A detailed session of the below mentioned format for the mock interview is provided by DA.
- On-Campus Interviews
- Interview tips
- Sample Interview Questions
- Behavioral Interviews
- Technical Interviews
- Site Visits
- Dress for Success
- No Show Interview Policy
- Industry Research Guide
- Industry Expectations
- Thank You Letters
- Email Correspondence
- Since 14 years in HVAC engineering.
- Our mentors have 5 to 10 year industrial knowledge in HVAC engineering.
- Senior lead HVAC engineers convert the candidates to junior HVAC engineers.
- Live Chat with faculty.
- Virtual class rooms.
- Audio & Video tutorials.
- Based upon real projects on HVAC engineering.
- In Plant visit for candidates.
- Hands on training on leading software.
- Career counseling & guidance.
- 100 % job oriented training program.
- Best placement records are maintained till now.
Who has a good personality?
Anyone who presents himself well ,deals with problems wins situations and influence people through excellent communication and interpersonal skills ,has a pleasing personality .DA will polish the interpersonal skills of the engineers matching the industry.
- Leadership in Projects
- Interpersonal Relations with colleagues
- Communication in organizations
- Stress Management at work
- Group Dynamics and Team Building
- Conflict Management
- Performance Appraisal
- Time Management at work
We have professionals from the personality development ,who will train each and every raw engineer of DA, to fit the industry culture in terms corporate behaviour.