I. STRUCTURAL Engineering :-
- Introduction to Steel Structures:
properties of structural steel, corrosion, fire protection.
indian standard specifications and sections
- Connections of steel structures:
Bearing type bolts, friction grip bolts, welded connections , hanger connections.
eccentrically loaded connections, splice connections
- Tension members steel structures:
Introduction, plates with holes, angles under tension, design of tension members.
- Compression members of Steel Structures
buckling strength of ideal columns., strength of practical compression members, column strength curves, design of axially loaded columns, design of angles loaded through one-leg. Laced and battened columns.
- Beams of Steel Structures
Behavior of steel beams, limit state design of steel beams, web buckling and crippling
Lateral torsion buckling behavior of unrestrained beams, design approach for unrestrained beams, unsymmetrical sections and bi-axial bending, built-up sections, shear behavior of transversely stiffened plate girder webs ,provision of moment and shear capacity for plate girders ,design of stiffeners
- Beam-columns of Steel Structures
Short beam- columns, stability consideration for long beam-columns, interaction formula,design approach to beam- columns
- Column bases of Steel Structures
Introduction to bases and footings, design of solid slab base, design of gusted base ,other types of footings
- Moment connections of Steel Structures
Simple, semi-rigid and rigid connections, connection configurations ,angle cleat connections end-plate connections , semi-rigid connections , moment-rotation characteristics
II. STRUCTURAL Design
- Design approach of Steel Structures:
Design requirements & design process,analysis procedures & design philosophy.
introduction to limit state design,other design requirements.
- Industrial buildings of Steel Structures
Structural configurations ,functional and serviceability requirements,industrial floors ,roof systems,plastic analysis and design of portal frames ,crane gantry girders ,design for wind actions ,design for earthquake actions
- Multi-storeyed buildings of Steel Structures
Composite Floor Systems ,Loading ,Analysis for Gravity Loads, Lateral Load Resisting Systems, Analysis for Lateral Loads ,Dual Systems
Classification and types of bridges ,load and load combination for highway bridges
Load and load combination for railway bridges ,wind and earthquake effects ,design of a typical truss bridge 6) bearings and supporting elements
Introduction- types of tanks , load and load combination ,design aspects of cylindrical tanks , design aspects of rectangular tanks , wind and earthquake effects ,staging design
, classification of types of towers, loads and load combinations , wind effects on towers ,methods of analysis , design approaches ,economy and optimization
III. Post STRUCTURAL Engineering
- Coordination with architects & civil Engineers
- Preparation of drawings
- Manual inspection
- Laying and construction process
IV. STRUCTURAL engineering Software’s
- Staad Pro
- Analysis & design of structures
- Steel frame connection
- 2d &3d modeling structures
- 3d structural design
V. Live Projects for STRUCTURAL Engineering (2 Nos)
- Shopping Mall – STRUCTURAL engineering
- Residential – STRUCTURAL engineering
- Hotel – STRUCTURAL engineering
- Industrial -Structural engineering.