Engineering language is expressed in drawing & drafting .Its a means of communicating with dimensions ,proportions , scale of machine or a building describing its details like the shape , size and section by a verbal or written language is very difficult henceforth Graphic language is used to express drawings .People who do these measured drawings are called as Draftsmen.
Mechanical draftsman play a key role in the civil design industry .They do the 2d & 3d modeling of the buildings. They get well paid as a fresher and with experience.
Course Fees : 35000
Course Fees(NRI) $: 21350
Scope & Career
- Power plants .
- Petro Chemical Complex .
- Oil & gas need Piping Draftsman
- Off shore Industry .
- Refinery .
- Industrial plants .
- Energy sector .
- Chemical process .
- EPC industry .
- Consulting engineers .
- Pharmaceutical industry .
- Project & Construction .
- Cement and Fertilizer .
I. Mechanical draftsman Introduction :-
- Free hand sketching .
- Use of drawing instruments and materials .
- Drawing conventional lines according to isi code. Folding of sheets .
- Draw 1st & 3rd angle projection of points, lines, plain figures, solids & simple machine components
- 2d & 3d drafting.
II. Mechanical Drafting :Detailing
- Draw different types of sectional views and dimensioning their drawings
- Draw isometric oblique and perspective projection of simple objects
- Draw inter-penetration curves and developed simple objects
- Draw temp. Fasteners – screws threads, bolts, nuts, washers, locking devices
- Machine screws, cap screws, studs, set screws, foundation bolts, circlips, keys, cotters, and pins
- Draw types of rivets and riveted joints.
- Use of important pattern maker’s tools, making of simple patterns, use of molding tools and preparation of simple mould
- Use blacksmiths hand tool, forging of simple jobs
- Use fitter hand tools and measuring instruments
- Carry out simple operations on shaping, and milling machines
- Carry out simple operation on lathe
- Use of sheet metal work and tools, elementary knowledge of gas and gas welding.
- Elementary knowledge of electrician trade and to be able to identify the different parts of i.c. engine
- Prepare free hand sketches from exiting machine parts. Inking and colouring the drawing. Tracing a drawing on both tracing paper and cloth.
- Draw details & assembly drawings of machine parts like coupling bearing, pulleys etc
III. Mechanical Drafting : Working Drawings
- Prepare piping drawings, main line layout as done previously
- Prepare working drawings of different types of gears.
- Prepare details and assembly drawings of important machine parts and engine parts
- Draw working drawings of jigs, fixtures, gauges, press tools
- Draw welding drawings, use of welding symbols on drawings
- Draw foundations drawings for machinery
- Draw and sketch assembly drawing of bench drilling and slotting machines.
- To prepare working drawing of machine parts and components independently taking sketches from the shop floor
- Making working drawing of projects.
Familiarization with :
Is-696 (code of engg.drg.)
- Preparation of detailed drawings from assembly. Drawings of simple machine parts such as : tool post of shaping
IV. Mechanical draftsman software’s
- Auto cad.
V. Live projects for Mechanical draftsman (2 nos)=
- Mechanical drafting fixture for drilling hole.
- Mechanical drafting of milling fixture.
- Mechanical drafting of north light
- Mechanical drafting of Valve
Audience & Eligibility
- Diploma in Mechanical// Chemical// Production Engineering
- 10th pass / 8th
We train our junior engineers to present themselves well and pass their interviews .They are well prepared through continuous mock interviews that provides confidence to our engineers.
A detailed session of the below mentioned format for the mock interview is provided by DA.
- On-Campus Interviews
- Interview tips
- Sample Interview Questions
- Behavioral Interviews
- Technical Interviews
- Site Visits
- Dress for Success
- No Show Interview Policy
- Industry Research Guide
- Industry Expectations
- Thank You Letters
- Email Correspondence
- Since 14 years.
- Our mentors have 3 to 10 year industrial knowledge.
- Senior lead engineers convert the candidates to junior engineers..
- Live Chat with faculty.
- Virtual class rooms.
- Audio & Video tutorials.
- Based upon real projects.
- In Plant visit for candidates..
- Hands on training on leading software.
- Career counseling & guidance .
- 100 % job oriented training program.
- Best placement records are maintained till now.
Who has a good personality?
Anyone who presents himself well, deals with problems wins situations and influence people through excellent communication and interpersonal skills, has a pleasing personality. DA will polish the interpersonal skills of the engineers matching the industry.
- Leadership in Projects
- Interpersonal Relations with colleagues
- Communication in organizations
- Stress Management at work
- Group Dynamics and Team Building
- Conflict Management
- Performance Appraisal
- Time Management at work
We have professionals from the personality development, who will train each and every raw engineer of DA, to fit the industry culture in terms corporate behaviour.